We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic COPYWRITER & SOCIAL MEDIA EDITOR for a full-time, in-office position in our rapidly growing website development/marketing agency. The position based in Crown Point, in a small, tight-knit office where the majority of the company’s web team works.
This individual will draft or revise informative, engaging content for clients in various industries for websites, blogs, emails, and social media. The ideal individual has communication, marketing, English, or other relevant degrees, or commensurate experience; is tech-savvy; has digital marketing experience; and is able to create compelling, accurate copy for various platforms. Experience writing effective SEO and SEO-driven content, strong social media marketing knowledge, and excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Strong copyediting skills preferred.
We seek someone with an energetic, outgoing personality who is driven, proactive, and detail-oriented. This copywriter must have a can-do attitude and be able to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Research topics and write polished copy for various industries/clients.
- Revise or copyedit client-provided content as necessary.
- Develop SEO-friendly content for clients in various industries for websites, blogs, emails, and social media.
- Manage and execute engaging social media content and strategies to grow clients’ outreach and social media revenue.
- Post blogs with effective SEO-driven media and meta-data.
- Monitor and report analytics; make recommendations based on the analysis.
- Manage multiple, concurrent project schedules.
- Copyedit and proofread team members’ work and provide constructive feedback.
- Conceptualize, create and proofread social media copy (paid and organic) for Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter that clearly communicates our client’s marketing messages.
- Work with social strategists, optimization strategist, marketing partners, merchants, and others to determine message and creative execution.
- Meet quick-turn deadlines, and attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Work with the analytics team to review and analyze measurement insights.
- Wear multiple hats: jump in on other copy projects where needed.
- Contribute to NUVEW social media and blog.
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with NUVEW’s policies and standards.
- Contribute or otherwise assist as requested.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in communications, marketing, English, or a relevant field.
- Proficient in SEO implementation.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business audiences to develop targeted messaging.
- Thorough understanding and execution of English grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Energetic, outgoing personality with effective communication skills.
- Positive, self-motivated, detail-oriented; able to receive and follow-through on direction and assignments.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks; the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Articulate and innovative thinker with an ability to take creative direction, react quickly, and contribute during meetings.
- Resilient and able to cope with conflicting demands; able to prioritize duties and work under pressure.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, timeline driven, environment.
- Methodical, accurate, consistent attention to detail without losing sight of the “big picture.”
- Ability to communicate with internal and external teams and clients regarding project deliverables and details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work independently as well as part of an effective team.
- Able to build solid relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Strong project management and impeccable organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; comfortable learning new software as needed
This description reflects the core activities but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other duties within the group/department/company may be required; in addition, changes to duties or priority may be required. This requires a flexible, open-minded approach to the position and the scope of work, understanding that there may be times when work extends beyond typical duties.
- This is NOT a telecommuting position, but rather an in-office position based in Crown Point, IN.
Job Type: Full-time