Businesses in Indiana today have a variety of different marketing tools available to them – social media use, content creation and blog writing, website design aimed to enhance user experience, and the use of customer testimonials are just a few. For businesses that need a boost, though, pay-per-click advertising, or PPC, can be another great marketing option. Here’s an overview of what you need to know about PPC—
What Is PPC?
Pay-per-click advertising refers to a method of advertising where the company doing the advertising pays a fee every time that a user clicks the ad. As such, the business/marketer is paying for user engagement or a lead to their website, rather than earning that customer’s attention organically.
The Benefits and Drawbacks of PPC
PPC can be a powerful marketing tool, but it can have its drawbacks, too. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of PPC–
- It’s quick. Unlike SEO and other digital marketing efforts, which can take months for results to show, PPC starts to work immediately. As such, it can be a great way to jumpstart your online marketing efforts and get your business some instant attention.
- It’s expensive. One of the downsides of PPC is that while it may be fast, you’ll have to pay for it. Remember, you have to pay every time a customer clicks your ad – this can add up quickly. If your marketing budget is small, PPC may not be for you.
- It’s measurable. Another benefit of PPC is that the results of PPC are very trackable and measurable. If you have the budget for it, you can adjust your PPC efforts over time, tailoring them (based on the data you’ve collected) to improve results.
- It’s not a long-term solution. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that because PPC is working well, you don’t have to invest in other marketing efforts. Even if your PPC efforts are effective, PPC isn’t a long-term solution; you’ll still need to improve your SEO, social media, and other digital marketing efforts, too.
We Can Help You Build Your Brand
At NUVEW, our digital marketing specialists are passionate about helping businesses in Indiana build their brand. If you have questions about PPC or other digital marketing strategies, we can help.
To learn more about our marketing services and how you can start growing your business, please call us today or send us a message telling us more about your business and your needs. We’re ready to start working with you!
Marketing one’s business today starts with a great website. Indeed, in the digital age, a large percentage of consumers use web-based information to make purchasing decisions, and many make those purchases online through a company’s website. Which means that in order to attract more leads and convert those leads into sales, a well-designed website is non-negotiable. Here are five features of a great website that your company should surely incorporate:
One of the most important elements of a good website is that its content is relevant. Don’t include website content that isn’t pertinent to what your customer is looking for. With that in mind, frequently updating your website with fresh, original, and relevant content can help to establish your company as an authority in your industry, attracting more customers.
Website performance is a broad category that incorporates numerous elements of functionality, including load time and speed. Essentially, you want your website to perform well; the last thing that you want is for a customer to attempt to make a purchase only to become frustrated by an inability to locate their shopping cart, or for your website to crash mid-buy.
3. Easy-to-Locate Critical Information
Your website must contain certain critical information, and this information must be easy for the user to access. Depending upon your business type, some of this information might include:
- Your company’s “About Us” page;
- A list of services and products;
- Pricing information; and
- Contact information.
When a user visits your company, they are most often trying to find out a) about your product or services or b) how to get in touch with you. Make sure this information is findable.
4. Clean and Attractive Design
There’s nothing worse than clicking on a company’s website only to immediately be overwhelmed by a deluge of images, funky texts, colors, and words upon words of information. Your website should be easy on the eyes, incorporate images as appropriate, and contain succinct content that doesn’t overwhelm the user. Remember that when it comes to website design, sometimes less is more.
5. An Ask
Finally, remember that your website should ask the user to do something. This is not only a way to engage the user, but also an important element in making a sale. The ask can be anything, from “buy now” to “contact us today” to “learn more” and more.
NUVEW Can Help
At NUVEW, we are experts in website design and content marketing, and understand the best strategies for attracting more customers and supporting business growth. For a consultation with our team about your web design and marketing needs, please call us today at 219-323-3343 or send us a message directly. We love helping local businesses succeed!