Once you’ve designed your website and have it up and running, your job’s not done – you need to make sure that your website is actually effective. One way to improve the effectiveness of a website is to run A/B tests.
A/B tests refer to testing two very similar versions of the same page of your site against each other. Perhaps you’re testing which font is more effective, or which call-to-action variation generates more clicks. While A/B testing can be intimidating, it’s critical. Here’s what you should know about how to start running your first A/B tests and how NUVEW can help.
Why You Should Be A/B Testing
A/B testing is something that all businesses should be doing. Here’s why:
- A/B testing can improve your return on investment (ROI) by providing you with information about the most effectual way to have an impact on your customers;
- A/B testing is an easy and effective way to gain data that you can use for future campaigns;
- A/B testing allows you to get creative, trying out new ideas and gaining information about whether or not they work;
- By trying A/B testing, you’ll be in the top ⅓ of marketers around, as only about 30 percent of marketers are currently paying attention to why website goals aren’t being achieved.
How to Start Running Your First A/B Tests
Running your first A/B test is easy, and starts with formulating a plan. Here are some things to think about as you design your first A/B test:
- What is your objective? Are you trying to get clicks, emails, sales, or something else? How will you measure success?
- Focus on a single variable – what do you want to test? Are you interested in trying out a different graphic or font? Call-to-action phrase? Remember, only test one variable at a time – if you test more than one, you won’t know which to thank for success.
- Find a professional to help you out. If you’re running a business, how much time do you really have to design your own content marketing campaign and run A/B tests? Instead of attempting to DIY–especially if you don’t have a digital marketing background–it’s probably more advantageous to partner with an experienced content marketing company.
Call NUVEW Today to Learn More
At NUVEW, we are experts in A/B testing, and would be happy to set up a campaign in partnership with your business today. To learn more about our content marketing services and how we can help, call us today or send us a message at your convenience.