Every year, search engine optimization (SEO) specialists like to make predictions about how SEO practices will change and evolve over the coming 12 months. Indeed, for the year 2018, some of the top SEO predictions included that Google would remain the top referrer of website traffic (which it did); that Amazon’s web search volume would increase dramatically; and that Twitter would not only remain independent but would also continue as the most “valuable and popular network for publishers and influencers.”
Now that 2018 is coming to a close, what can we expect for SEO in 2019? Here are some predictions that our team–and other SEO specialists throughout the industry–are making:
Voice Search Will Increase
Most people who have a cell phone or an artificial intelligence device (like Amazon Alexa) within their home or place of work are already familiar with using voice commands to get things done. And in 2019, the use of voice, and specifically, voice search, is expected to increase.
This is significant because voice requests are distinct from normal queries, which may mean that current keywords practices may require adjustment.
Mobile-Friendliness Will Become Even More Important
Today, if a website isn’t mobile-friendly, it is missing out on a valuable opportunity to connect with customers. In fact, in 2016, mobile searches already comprised more than 50 percent of search queries, and data holds that mobile searches have increased by about 80 percent in the last two years. The number is expected to increase in 2019 – for businesses that don’t already have mobile-friendly websites, it would serve them well to develop those as soon as possible.
User Experience Will Affect Ranking
According to SEO specialist Chris Brantner, who serves as the SEO director at SleepZoo, user experience (UX) will have a more pressing effect on website ranking in 2019 than it has had in previous years. This is a result of Google’s push for more personalized search results, which in turn means that websites will have to do a better job keeping users on their site – enhancing the user experience is one of the best ways to do so. If your site is slow, your content isn’t engaging, or a site that isn’t mobile-friendly, you can count on a loss of traffic.
How NUVEW Can Help
At NUVEW, we are constantly improving our SEO practices to ensure they’re aligned with current trends. If your business needs more meaningful website traffic and you want to learn more about how to increase organic leads, we can help. Connect with us at 219-323-3343 or contact us online today.
Online marketing is more than just creating a website, putting your product online, or advertising your business name. In fact, a great online marketing campaign factors in numerous different elements in order to be successful, including effective SEO (search engine optimization) strategies, a social media campaign, great content, and perhaps most importantly, an engaging and positive user experience.
Defining User Experience
User experience, referred to simply as UX amongst SEO pros, is a focus on a user’s perceptions and responses while using a website, and requires having a developed understanding of who one’s users are, what those users needs, and what a user’s values and abilities are. Whether or not a user (potential customer!) has a positive or negative user experience depends on a number of different website criteria, including:
- Findability; and
In addition to the above, things like website layout and visual design have a huge impact on user experience, too. So does mobile-friendliness; if your website cannot be easily navigated on a smartphone or other handheld device, experience for these users will be poor.
Why User Experience Matters
User experience is incredibly important, both for building long-term relationships with your customers and for some more immediate, practical reasons (i.e. if your potential customer cannot navigate your site, they’ll likely get frustrated and leave well before ever becoming a sale). CrazyEgg emphasizes that user experience is important because it affects:
- Customer loyalty;
- Conversion rates;
- Return on investment;
- Efficiency and productivity; and
- Customer satisfaction.
So How Can I Improve UX?
If you want to improve UX, the first thing that you need to do is start understanding your customer. Who is your customer? Where do they live? What do they want? What do they value? How can your product or service meet their needs?
Once you understand your customer, the next step is understanding online marketing and some basic musts that your marketing strategy should incorporate, such as a blog, social media usage, and mobile-friendly platform. From there, some proven strategies for enhancing UX include:
- Testing different approaches;
- Trying out responsive web design;
- Providing good–but not overwhelming–information (i.e. keep it simple);
- Using customer surveys; and
- Reworking your calls-to-action.
Working with an Online Marketing Company Can Help
If you’re not an online marketing specialist and are worried about successfully running your own operation, the last thing you want to concern yourself with is creating a website that rocks. Luckily, our team at NUVEW is here to do that for you. We specialize in various elements of online marketing, including social media marketing, SEO, website design, and yes, user experience!
For a consultation with our team about how you can improve your website and connect with more customers today, please call us at 219-323-3343 or send us a message directly.
Your Company’s Website
Let’s take a minute to look at your website. Does the design still meet your needs? Is it easy for your clients to use? When did you introduce it for the world to see? If it is over five years old, then it’s time for a website redesign. It is an investment worth making because every day more and more people are using the internet to purchase goods and services. Don’t be left in the cold — update your website today.
Current Website Design Fundamentals
Technology moves fast and with it brings change. In the old days if customers needed something you had to offer and your site moved very slow, they would wait — not anymore, now they go right to your competitor. Also, your site needs to be mobile ready. At NUVEW, we stay current with technology and can help you update your site. There are other fundamentals that are necessary for your website to be successful, such as social media and security.
Here are the design fundamentals:
- Fast Loading — Your site needs quick loading times for all users on all devices. There are programs you can use to see your website speed.
- Mobile Ready — Just about everyone in American has a smartphone. Your site needs to feature a mobile-friendly design so your customers can use your site when they use their phone to search.
- Tracking Enabled — The only way you can tell if your website is doing what it should is by using Analytics. Your web design must have the functionality to mark critical indicators such as traffic, goals, and conversions.
- Impactful SEO — SEO is mandatory and what it does is it helps your website move up the ranks and onto the first page of Google Search.
- Enabled CMS — Include a back-end Content Management System in your web design so your clients can respond to you! People like to comment.
- Conversion Optimized — Campaign landing pages keep users moving through your site and will direct them to schedule an appointment, request a product demonstration, and even make a purchase.
- Email Marketing — Everyone still uses email to communicate. Please make sure your email link is on your website and check it often.
- Social Media — Make sure your social media accounts are linked on your website. Your clients will then have the opportunity to connect with you on your social media accounts.
- Strong Security — Security is super important. Your web design should include basic security and privacy protocols to protect client and user data.
Contact NUVEW for Website Redesign
NUVEW has transformed numerous websites over the years. We understand how technology prompts change and often sites need to be refreshed and updated. Our experienced web designers will update your website that features all the fundamental design elements. We can improve your online presence. Please contact NUVEW today by clicking here, or by calling us at 219-323-3343.