Link building – the art of creating and building relevant links from external websites that link back to your website. It has long been a big part of SEO, and although it’s effectiveness may not be as powerful as it once was, link-building is still very important when it comes to improving your rankings and creating solid leads. Like every other aspect of SEO, link building is a process and it is always changing.
Constant Change a Must
Likewise, as Google continues to change its algorithms and as it continually looks to penalize those who abuse less-than-desirable forms of SEO, businesses will have to constantly evaluate and re-evaluate their link building strategies to ensure that they are not only effective, but that they also meet Google’s criteria. So what are some things web admins can do to improve their link-building techniques and increase their results? Let’s take a look:
- Reach Journalists via Facebook – many companies try to use press releases to create backlinks. While press releases can indeed help create backlinks they don’t typically get journalists’ attention. Instead, you can specifically target the journalists you want to reach by going after them on Facebook. After you locate them you can then send them targeted ads that get their attention.
- Build Helpful Tools – creating tools that can help your entire industry can be a great way to build external links. By sharing some of these tools with others in your industry you can gain external links from these companies.
- Make Your Links Fun – Another positive way to create links is by creating something fun. One company actually used it’s website 404 error page to create a backlink to their main site. They added a video game on the error page, and many people who landed there played the game, then continued to other pages on the company’s site.
- Valuable Trades – in some industries it’s possible to offer goods or services to other companies in exchange for them adding a link from their website to yours.
- Localized Sponsorships – another effective back linking strategy is to focus on local businesses and organizations in your area. These kinds of backlinks can be very beneficial in gaining a presence in your local community. One way to do this is to hold events or sponsor events that others are holding.
Got Link? We Can Help
At NUVEW we understand this important aspect of SEO and how it can affect your business. We can help you develop an effective link building strategy that can provide for better results with search engines and help you generate more quality leads. If you need help with your link building or any other aspect of your online marketing, then contact us online today or call us at 219-323-3343.