When a user Googles a product or service that’s related to your business and your website pops up on the search results page, you want to make sure that your landing page is optimized for user experience. By making a memorable first impression on visitors to your site, you can increase your conversion rate and your customer base. Reach out to NUVEW directly to learn more about making a memorable first impression with your website.
Why Does First Impression Matter?
First impression matters because if a user doesn’t have a positive first impression of your website, this may impact your bounce rate. The bounce rate refers to the rate of visitors to your site who don’t take an action, like giving their email address or making a purchase. You want as low of a bounce rate as possible, which means getting people to stay on your page, scroll through your content, and ultimately take an action.
How to Make a Memorable First Impression with Your Website
There are numerous things that you can do to improve your website and make a memorable first impression on a new user. These include—
- Include video. The use of video is becoming more and more popular. A video is a great, quick, and engaging way to tell a story about your business. Video content is easy to digest and provides information to the user in a very accessible way.
- Don’t forget your value proposition. Your value proposition is what makes your business unique; why the user should purchase your product or choose your service over the other guys’. This should be clear on your website and included in content throughout all pages.
- Carefully choose colors. The colors that you choose to represent your brand should be consistent and reflective of who you are and what you’re offering. Choosing colors can be challenging, as too much color can be overwhelming, but too little color can be underwhelming and dull.
- Avoid the unnecessary. One thing that can overwhelm a user and hurt your bounce rate is trying to include everything about your business all in one page, or putting in too many graphics, videos, fun fonts, colors, etc. Keep your page simple, clean, and easy to navigate.
- Choose a professional website designer. One of the best tips for making your website stand out and ensuring that you’ll make a memorable first impression on a user is to hire a professional website designer. While a do-it-yourself design may save you money, ultimately, working with a professional website designer and developer is likely to yield higher returns long term.
Build an Impressive Website with NUVEW’s Design Team
At NUVEW, our team specializes in website design and development and knows how to maximize the user experience. To learn more about how we can help your business reach its marketing goals, call us directly or reach out to us online.