For businesses trying to get ahead of competitors in the digital age, having a presence on as many relevant social media sites as possible is critical. One important social site that your business should be using is Google My Business. Here’s what you should know about Google My Business and how to boost your search engine optimization (SEO) using Google My Business—
What Is Google My Business?
Google My Business, sometimes just referred to as Google Business, is a free Google business profile. By having a Google My Business profile, users are able to find your company using search and Google maps—both of which can significantly increase traffic to your site. You can customize your profile, add photos, and display customer reviews.
Tips for Boosting Search Engine Optimization Using Google My Business
Simply having a Google My Business profile is already a great first step that will help search engines recognize your business. But it doesn’t end there. To really optimize for SEO, you should:
- Complete your profile in full and verify your business. You’ll want to fill out your profile in full and make sure you include as much relevant information about your business as possible. Also, don’t forget to verify your business, which requires entering a pin that is sent to you in the mail. This step can take up to two weeks.
- Keep your profile up to date. If things change with your business, be sure to update your profile! Keeping content fresh and relevant is a key part of improving SEO.
- Check your NAP (name, address, phone number). One way to optimize for SEO is to ensure that your NAP—or business name, address, and phone number—are consistent across all web pages and sites where your company information appears.
- Categorize. When you create your Google My Business Page, you can select categories for your business. Similar to how keywords work, choosing categories can help customers find your business when they search for products or services your company offers.
- Include photos. Don’t forget about photos! Photos of your business, your staff, and customers can help people to get a feel for your products, services, and space. This is especially important for businesses that offer an in-person experience, such as restaurants and cafes.
- Get reviews. You should always be trying to get as many customer reviews as possible. The more positive reviews your business has, the more trustworthy your company will appear and the better its SEO will be.
Learn More About Using Google My Business with Help from NUVEW
To learn more about using Google My Business to optimize your SEO, reach out to our SEO and digital marketing specialists at NUVEW directly. We work with small- and medium-sized businesses throughout Indiana.