Businesses in Indiana need to have a strong online presence in order to get leads, conversions, and sales. However, knowing how to correctly use social media and what social media platforms are right for a business can be challenging. At NUVEW, we can help you maximize your social media strategy. Reach out to us today to learn more.
Why Do I Need Social Media for My Business?
The first question that many business owners have for us is: Why do I need social media for my business? The answer is simple: social media is an important part of connecting with customers and potential customers in today’s digital age. There are billions of people actively using social media—if you’re not one of them, you may be missing out on the opportunity to connect.
Which Social Media Platforms Are Important?
Once you understand that your business needs to be on social media, the next question is figuring out which social media platforms are most appropriate for you. Here’s what you should think about—
All businesses should have profiles on the following social media platforms—
- Facebook. Facebook is still one of the most popular social media sites, and is a platform all businesses should be using. Facebook is great for announcing product updates and events, creating groups, and responding to customers.
- Instagram. Instagram is a favorite amongst millennials and is wonderful for businesses, particularly those that are great with a camera!
- Google My Business. Google My Business is a free platform that all businesses can and should use. By using a Google My Business account, search engines will have an easier time finding your business, improving your SEO rankings.
- LinkedIn. LinkedIn is great, especially for businesses trying to recruit new employees and stay on top of professional development.
Some businesses and organizations might benefit from—
- Pinterest. If your business is into arts, crafts, cooking, home goods, or the link Pinterest is a great social media platform to use!
- TikTok. Depending on your target audience and your video skills, TikTok can be a good platform, especially as users on this site are rapidly growing.
- Twitter. Many businesses use Twitter, as it still retains popularity many years after its founding.
- YouTube. YouTube is strongly recommended—of course, it does mean posting videos.
- Snapchat. There are tens of millions of users on Snapchat, many of whom are younger. If you’re targeting a younger generator, Snapchat is recommended.