At NUVEW, we believe that updating a website has many practical benefits, including providing customers with relevant content, ensuring that search engines can find your website, and guaranteeing that your website meets all compliance guidelines. While updating a website may be very beneficial, it can also be resource-intensive, especially for business owners who are already burdened with day-to-day operations and who know little about website maintenance. At NUVEW, we can help. Call our digital marketing specialists today to learn more about the importance of website updates and updates you should consider.
Why Does a Website Need to Be Updated?
There are multiple reasons that a website may need to be updated. Some of the top ones include:
- A lack of relevant content;
- Poor brand reflection;
- Technical mishaps, such as broken links, slow load times, etc.;
- High bounce rate; and
- Ineffective search engine optimization strategy.
When you hire NUVEW, we can assess your website and make a recommendation about where updates are needed.
How to Know What Updates Your Website Needs
If you’re unsure of what updates you really need, start by ensuring that your content is up to date. From there, perform A/B testing to determine how your website can maximize its effectiveness. You’ll also want to look at your data analytics to identify any gaps in your efforts. Another great tip: ask your customers for feedback!
Updates that You Should Consider
If you’re not sure what your website needs, there are a few updates that you’ll likely benefit from regardless. Website updates that we believe are worthwhile include:
- Make sure your website is secure by getting an SSL certificate and switching to HTTPS if you haven’t already done so. This is a basic Google requirement these days that will also boost your search rankings.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly by investing in responsive website design.
- Ensure that your website is accessible to disabled customers. Not only do you want to reach as many customers as possible, but you also don’t want to be at risk of a breach of the ADA requirements.
- Post new content – updating your website’s content on a regular basis is an absolute must if you want to continue engaging consumers and reaching your target audience.
NUVEW Can Help
At NUVEW, our digital marketing specialists know how integral a great digital marketing campaign is to business success. To learn more about key website updates and how our team can help, please reach out to us by phone or online at your convenience.