Whether you are a business owner who is just starting out and needs to develop a marketing scheme or a seasoned business owner who’s been investing in digital marketing for years, the value of online marketing can’t be understated. In case you’re not convinced, we’ve scoured the web in order to put together some compelling digital marketing statistics.
Content marketing, in a nutshell, refers to the content that you post in general. This may be in the form of content on a landing page or blog, social media content, infographics, images, and more. Key statistics include:
- 70 percent of business-to-business marketers plan to create more content.
- The demand for infographics is increasing–it increased by 800 percent in 2018.
- As of this year (2020), 70 percent of marketers are actively investing in content marketing, and 24 percent of those marketers plan to increase their investments.
- Over ⅔ of companies say that they have a content marketing strategy.
- 94 percent of marketers are using social media platforms, such as Facebook, for the distribution of their content marketing.
SEO & Local SEO
SEO stands for search engine optimization and is the process of optimizing a website so that a search engine, such as Google, can more easily find it and is more likely to post it towards the top of the search results page. By improving SEO and local SEO, you can improve your website’s rankings. Top SEO and local SEO statistics are:
- More than 60 percent of digital marketers actively invest time in SEO efforts.
- Nearly half of all users say that they use Google to find a new item or product
- During a mere two-year period, there was a growth of more than 900 percent in mobile searches for ”______ near me….”, highlighting the significance of online searches and the importance of SEO.
Social Media Marketing
Don’t think that your business needs a social media presence? Think again. Social media is a key part of a digital marketing strategy. Consider that:
- As of this year, there are 2.6 billion monthly active Facebook users.
- Facebook is the number one platform for content distribution for marketers.
- About 66 percent of U.S. adults report that they are Facebook users.
- Instagram is incredibly popular, too, and the United States is the country with the most Instagram users.
Start Your Digital Marketing Campaign Today
The importance of a solid digital marketing strategy that incorporates content marketing, social media marketing, and SEO shouldn’t be overlooked. For assistance with your content marketing strategy, call NUVEW today.