Mobile Website Design
Marketing one’s business today starts with a great website. Indeed, in the digital age, a large percentage of consumers use web-based information to make purchasing decisions, and many make those purchases online through a company’s website. Which means that in order to attract more leads and convert those leads into sales, a well-designed website is non-negotiable. Here are five features of a great website that your company should surely incorporate:
One of the most important elements of a good website is that its content is relevant. Don’t include website content that isn’t pertinent to what your customer is looking for. With that in mind, frequently updating your website with fresh, original, and relevant content can help to establish your company as an authority in your industry, attracting more customers.
Website performance is a broad category that incorporates numerous elements of functionality, including load time and speed. Essentially, you want your website to perform well; the last thing that you want is for a customer to attempt to make a purchase only to become frustrated by an inability to locate their shopping cart, or for your website to crash mid-buy.
3. Easy-to-Locate Critical Information
Your website must contain certain critical information, and this information must be easy for the user to access. Depending upon your business type, some of this information might include:
- Your company’s “About Us” page;
- A list of services and products;
- Pricing information; and
- Contact information.
When a user visits your company, they are most often trying to find out a) about your product or services or b) how to get in touch with you. Make sure this information is findable.
4. Clean and Attractive Design
There’s nothing worse than clicking on a company’s website only to immediately be overwhelmed by a deluge of images, funky texts, colors, and words upon words of information. Your website should be easy on the eyes, incorporate images as appropriate, and contain succinct content that doesn’t overwhelm the user. Remember that when it comes to website design, sometimes less is more.
5. An Ask
Finally, remember that your website should ask the user to do something. This is not only a way to engage the user, but also an important element in making a sale. The ask can be anything, from “buy now” to “contact us today” to “learn more” and more.
NUVEW Can Help
At NUVEW, we are experts in website design and content marketing, and understand the best strategies for attracting more customers and supporting business growth. For a consultation with our team about your web design and marketing needs, please call us today at 219-323-3343 or send us a message directly. We love helping local businesses succeed!
As a business owner, knowing how to maximize user engagement to drive sales is a key part of a successful marketing strategy. At NUVEW, we work with business to implement various tools and practices to maximize user engagement. Here are some basics that you can start incorporating today–
What Is User Engagement?
Customer engagement, or user engagement, refers to a measurement of a user’s interaction with a product or service, typically through a website. User engagement is an important metric, because more positive engagement–and more engagement–is associated with a higher conversion rate, and therefore more sales. If a user isn’t positively engaged with your product or your service (again, via your website), then you can be nearly certain that they won’t become a sale. In addition to just getting more sales, user engagement also increases customer loyalty, builds brand recognition, and promotes familiarity.
Tips for Maximizing User Engagement
Fortunately, there are a few easy things that you can start doing right now to maximize user engagement and improve your conversion rate. Some things to try include:
- Ask for opinions. Perhaps the easiest way to increase engagement is simply to ask users and visitors to your site questions. For example, at the end of this article, an engagement question could read, “What strategies has your business implemented that have improved user engagement?” If you ask questions that are controversial and that will drive conversation, this can be an even more effective tactic.
- Reward engaged users. Another strategy for maximizing user engagement is to reward customers when they engage with your company in a certain way. For example, if someone signs up for your email list, reward them with access to a special discount or product that you’re not offering for those who don’t sign up for the email list. How you reward a user can be as basic or as complex as you want it to be.
- Know your audience. Everyone has seen a comedy routine where the performer just isn’t connecting with–nor engaging–the audience. Often times, this disconnect comes from a lack of research; if you don’t know what your audience wants, it can be impossible to connect with them. Do your research and identify your target audience and their needs. Then, create content that is designed for them. This is one of the most organic and effective ways to enhance user engagement and experience.
Improve Your Website
Finally, know that even if you have the best product in the world, if you don’t have a great website–it’s slow to load, challenging to navigate, and overwhelming–you won’t be able to engage your users. At NUVEW, we are here to help. Call us today to learn more about our website design and content marketing services, or send us a message directly.
Your Company’s Website
Let’s take a minute to look at your website. Does the design still meet your needs? Is it easy for your clients to use? When did you introduce it for the world to see? If it is over five years old, then it’s time for a website redesign. It is an investment worth making because every day more and more people are using the internet to purchase goods and services. Don’t be left in the cold — update your website today.
Current Website Design Fundamentals
Technology moves fast and with it brings change. In the old days if customers needed something you had to offer and your site moved very slow, they would wait — not anymore, now they go right to your competitor. Also, your site needs to be mobile ready. At NUVEW, we stay current with technology and can help you update your site. There are other fundamentals that are necessary for your website to be successful, such as social media and security.
Here are the design fundamentals:
- Fast Loading — Your site needs quick loading times for all users on all devices. There are programs you can use to see your website speed.
- Mobile Ready — Just about everyone in American has a smartphone. Your site needs to feature a mobile-friendly design so your customers can use your site when they use their phone to search.
- Tracking Enabled — The only way you can tell if your website is doing what it should is by using Analytics. Your web design must have the functionality to mark critical indicators such as traffic, goals, and conversions.
- Impactful SEO — SEO is mandatory and what it does is it helps your website move up the ranks and onto the first page of Google Search.
- Enabled CMS — Include a back-end Content Management System in your web design so your clients can respond to you! People like to comment.
- Conversion Optimized — Campaign landing pages keep users moving through your site and will direct them to schedule an appointment, request a product demonstration, and even make a purchase.
- Email Marketing — Everyone still uses email to communicate. Please make sure your email link is on your website and check it often.
- Social Media — Make sure your social media accounts are linked on your website. Your clients will then have the opportunity to connect with you on your social media accounts.
- Strong Security — Security is super important. Your web design should include basic security and privacy protocols to protect client and user data.
Contact NUVEW for Website Redesign
NUVEW has transformed numerous websites over the years. We understand how technology prompts change and often sites need to be refreshed and updated. Our experienced web designers will update your website that features all the fundamental design elements. We can improve your online presence. Please contact NUVEW today by clicking here, or by calling us at 219-323-3343.