Design With Emotion
When was the last time you were wowed by a website? You know that kind of response that makes you smile and actually say something like: “Wow, that is awesome!” The Internet is full of dull, boring run-of-the-mill websites so it’s always nice when you come across something that really catches your eye and elicits positive feelings and emotions. There are all kinds of factors on a web page that can elicit a positive emotional response, but one of the biggest factors is something that’s actually quite simple.
What’s in a Color?
What’s the first thing that users notice when they land on your website? In most cases, it’s the color scheme of your web design. Different colors bring out different emotions. Therefore, the colors you choose will play a big role in the emotions you get from your users. So which colors should you be going for in order to get the emotional response you’re looking for?
- Red is for passion – if you’re looking for anything that has to do with passion, whether it’s love, strength, danger or even blood and violence, red is the color of choice. Red is perfect for capturing users’ attention immediately and it is one of the most popular colors in the world, which makes it a smart choice for eliciting positive emotions.
- Blue is peaceful – if you want to give off a calm, peaceful feeling to your users, then blue is likely your best choice. Blue is the favorite color of many people and it often gives off a feeling of peace and serenity. It’s also a good choice if you want to draw out emotions of loyalty and intelligence.
- Yellow is mellow – did you know that yellow is the most visible color to human eye? Well, now you do. The color yellow also signifies optimism, clarity, happiness, sunshine and warmth, to name just a few. Plus, because it’s so visible to the human eye it’s perfect to use in locations that you really want to draw attention to.
Other Color Factors
Of course, there are many other messages that different colors can send. Each website is different so the right colors for your site will depend on the emotions you want your users to feel when they visit. Gender and culture also play a factor in colors and emotions, which is another important thing to keep in mind when designing your website.
Get it Right With NUVEW
Every website owner wants to get the most out of his or her product, which is why it’s so important to get your web design right. Please contact NUVEW if you would like to improve your web design in order to elicit the emotional responses you are looking for. Just click here or call us at 219-227-8558 to learn more.
How to Earn Your Users’ Trust
How valuable is trust? It doesn’t really matter the situation, if you have trust in someone or something it makes a huge difference. On the other hand, without trust it is very difficult to move any relationship forward. The same is true for your online business. When a visitor lands on your site you want to be able to earn his or her trust from that very first moment. There are several factors in gaining and building trust, including your web design.
Why Web Design Matters
In almost every instance the first thing a visitor will notice is your web design. That’s why it’s such a key component in creating and building trust. Here are several important website design strategies that will help build that trust and keep your visitors coming back.
Solid Design That’s Easy to Use
It starts with a solid design that is easy to use, looks good and gives off an overall good vibe. That means it should be pleasant to look at, offer simple navigation and be mobile-friendly. Your website should also be designed to be helpful, as well as transparent. That means you can’t try to hide anything and your products and services should be easy to find and understand.
Other Trust-Building Design Elements
Here are several other web design elements that can help you create and build trust with your users.
- Using case studies and meaningful statistics in an easy-to-understand method.
- Offer proof of trust and reliability with social media followers and customer testimonials and reviews.
- Be sure to display any credentials, certifications and awards that you might have earned.
- Develop your own brand and voice and use your web design to display them.
- Use email marketing to gain your visitors’ trust and to continue building and nurturing your relationship over time.
Web Design You Can Trust
At NUVEW we understand the importance of effective web design, no matter which audience you are trying to reach and what message you are trying to send. Our web designers build easy to use websites that help attract and retain new visitors. If you need a web design that will improve your web traffic and increase your leads, you can trust NUVEW to build the right website for you. Please contact us today by calling 219-227-8558, or get in touch with us online by clicking here.