Maintaining robust social media profiles as a small- or medium-sized business owner can help to improve your business’s online presence, attract customers and new leads, and retain current clients. But just creating a social media profile isn’t enough; you need to optimize your profile for search engine optimization, or SEO. This means that search engines can find your profile(s) and will display profile(s) at the top of the search engines results page. For help optimizing your social profiles for SEO, reach out to NUVEW today.
Social Profiles: What’s the Goal?
Merely having a social profile isn’t enough; the ultimate goal is to have your social media profiles and your business’s website dominate the search engine results page. In other words, when a customer searches for a business or a business like yours, you want your website and profiles to be displayed at the very top of the results page. Strong SEO can lead to more leads and traction, helping your business meet its goals.
How to Boost Your Social Profiles’ SEO
While boosting a social profile’s search engine optimization takes time and strategy, the good news is that it’s not rocket science. Here are some tips for boosting your social profiles’ SEO:
- Link social profiles directly from your business website. One easy way to boost the SEO of your social profiles is to ensure that your profiles are linked directly from your business’s website. Most websites have a tool that allows you to integrate icons for each of the social media platforms and link out from there.
- Post frequent updates—new content is king. In order to get your social profiles to rank highly on search results pages, you’ll need to be posting relevant content frequently. Posting regular content is a great way to improve your SEO and keep current followers engaged in your pages.
- Make sure profiles are complete. Don’t make the mistake of failing to fill out a social profile completely. All social profiles contain areas where you can add links, photos, videos, content, and other types of helpful information, such as business location and hours. The more information you provide, the stronger your profile will be and the more likely it is to have good SEO results.
- Be consistent in branding. It’s important that you have a strong understanding of your business’s brand and voice, and then are consistent in bringing both to your social profiles. Use high-quality branded images when appropriate, add photos in an album that shows what your business does and its values, and be consistent in colors and language.
- Develop a social media strategy. Finally, don’t just create a profile and post here and there; instead, take the time to develop a social media strategy that includes branding awareness, a content posting schedule, and a multi-pronged approach to types of content posted and where that content will be shared.
Reach Out to a Social Media Marketing Professional for Support
Most business owners don’t have the time or the know-how to effectively manage their social media profiles for maximum SEO. To learn more about how our social media marketing professionals at NUVEW can help you to optimize your social profiles for SEO, call us today or send us a message online.