As a small business owner in Illinois, finding ways to reach more people and increase your sales is a top priority. Which is why you have surely thought about various marketing techniques, including email marketing. But is email marketing worth it for small businesses in 2020? And if so, how can your business design the best email marketing campaign possible?
Yes – Email Marketing Is a Must for Small Business Owners
The first thing that you should know about email marketing is that yes, email marketing should be a no-brainer for small business owners. Here’s why:
- Email is popular. Yes, while there have been various tech and digital innovations that have risen only to quickly fall over the years, email is not one of them. Instead, not only are most people using email on a regular basis, but consumers also prefer email when it comes to brand communications (this may be because of the ‘control’ element of email marketing, including the opt-out option).
- Email is convenient. Not only is email popular amongst consumers, but it’s convenient for businesses and consumers alike. To be sure, you can include everything that you want a customer to know in a single email, including any coupon codes, which can then be easily accessed by the consumer.
- It’s fast. Another top reason to love email marketing is that there’s no lag time. Indeed, when you send a consumer email, you get information to your consumer about promotions, deals, information, and specials instantaneously.
How to Design an Effective Email Marketing Campaign
Now that you understand why email marketing is important, the next step is starting to design an email marketing campaign. The first step: hire a professional who has experience in email marketing. You’re an expert at running your business – not marketing. By hiring a professional, you’ll get expert insight on how to best reach customers in a way that’s effective.
That being said, if you are taking a DIY approach, we recommend:
- Prioritizing visuals – use an image or two that are catchy, but don’t overdo it;
- Keep it simple – provide consumers with the information they need, not excess;
- Make it easy to read by optimizing your text;
- Use clickable buttons and links, that way your customer doesn’t have to work too hard to follow through on your call to action.
Get Started with NUVEW Today
To learn more about email marketing and other digital marketing musts, reach out to our team at NUVEW today. We have the professionals you can trust, and we care about helping small businesses like yours.