SEO for Your Neck of the Woods
The world has gone mobile. Of course, you probably already know that. If you’ve read our blog with any frequency then you couldn’t have missed that fact. More people are performing more mobile searches than ever before. The fact is mobile searches just continue to increase and it doesn’t appear they will be slowing down anytime soon. Plus, with so many mobile searches being performed on a localized level website owners and marketers have put an increasingly larger focus on localized mobile searches. That is where local SEO comes into play. It’s not enough to just do SEO. You need to make sure your site shows up when searches are done near your location for the type of goods or services you offer.
Avoid These Mistakes
So what mistakes should you avoid when it comes to local SEO? Of course, you want to avoid all mistakes, but there are several mistakes that are more common than others and these mistakes could prove to be very costly.
- Selecting Improper Categories – one big mistake companies make is to choose the wrong business categories to describe their business. Make sure you focus on the categories that matter most to your business success, even if you offer several types of products and/or services. Choose the ones that matter most.
- Duplicate Content – never duplicate content from another website, especially from one that is close by your business. Creating original content for each location page can help reduce the chances of duplication. You can still battle for the same keyword locations, but do it in a way that is unique and helps you stand out.
- Overlooking Competitive Analysis – you know you need to compete for the keywords that are most important to your business, but make sure you take the time to see what your competition is doing. Don’t overlook other less competitive, but still important, keywords and consider what other tactics might be working.
- Ignoring Your Reviews – you might not think that reviews really matter, but potential customers use online reviews to help them make purchasing decisions. Therefore, make sure you pay attention to both positive and negative reviews. Tout your positive ones and see what you can do to remedy any negative ones.
- Too Many Links – avoid low quality backlinks. It’s important to get backlinks, but you want them to come from high quality domains. Quality counts more than quantity.
NUVEW Helps You Localize Your SEO
You can’t ignore local SEO or you will risk missing out on a lot of new business. However, you have to make sure you get it right. At NUVEW we help businesses focus their local SEO towards results. Please contact us today to get your SEO localized right and start seeing the results you’re looking for. Call us at 219-227-8558 or click here to connect with us online.