Does Internet marketing really work? While most people are already aware that Internet marketing is something that can’t be ignored, there may be some business owners who still aren’t convinced. Likewise, there are others who realize they should be using the Internet to market their business, but they just don’t know where to turn or how to start.
Business Owners Believe the Results
If you are among the group that still isn’t convinced of the power of online advertising, then maybe some of these numbers will help you look at things from a different perspective. Myles Anderson, the CEO of BrightLocal, recently shared some interesting and telling numbers about the effectiveness of Internet marketing among small and medium businesses. You can click here to see the company’s entire findings, but according to the numbers, the owners of the businesses surveyed for the study believe that Internet marketing works.
A Closer Look At The Numbers
The survey looked at businesses that have between 1 and 50 employees and it asked them to share their attitudes and feelings about using the Internet for marketing purposes. So let’s take a look at just a few of the key takeaways from the findings.
Online Marketing Budget
Here’s how business owners responded when asked what percent of their budget they spent on Internet or mobile marketing:
- 29 percent of the respondents said they use more than 70 percent of their total marketing budget in online vehicles
- 50 percent noted that they use less than 30 percent for online purposes
- 34 percent indicated that they use less than 10 percent in online channels
As for increasing their online budget allocations for the next 12 months:
- 37 percent said they plan to increase their budget
- 47 percent were not sure
- 6 percent said they did not plan to spend more
When asked how effective they believed online marketing was, the numbers really get interesting:
- 32 percent said that online marketing is “very effective” when it comes to attracting new customers
- 75 percent said they believed that it was “effective” or “very effective” at drawing new customers
Internet Marketing Is a Must
That means that three-fourths of all the respondents in the survey found Internet marketing to be an effective tool in obtaining new business. If those numbers aren’t enough to persuade you, then maybe nothing will. Small and medium businesses need as much marketing power as they can get and with just about everyone using the Internet to research, browse and shop these days your Internet marketing has to be effective. At NUVEW we can help you with your Internet marketing, as well as with any of your other web solution needs. Contact us today at 219-323-3343.