Giving your business a facelift doesn’t necessarily have to mean changing your products or services, restructuring, or changing leadership roles; it could just mean rebranding. Rebranding can have many benefits, but it can also be risky if not done right. Here’s what you should know about rebranding, and how working with a professional website design company can help.
Rebranding isn’t something to do “just because.” Instead, rebranding is a very intentional action that’s taken by a company when that company wants to:
- Highlight something new. If something new has happened to or within the company that’s pretty major, rebranding might be appropriate. This includes shifting to a new product market, a PR crisis, etc.
- Increase relevance. It might also be worthwhile to rebrand if your current brand image is especially dated or isn’t relevant. You may also want to rebrand if doing so will enhance the cohesion and messaging of your brand.
- Make a change. Is your business making a major change, such as a merger with another company or a change in leadership? If so, rebranding can be part of that change.
How to Execute a Successful Rebrand
Rebranding can be exciting, but it can also be a project gone wrong if not done with careful planning and detail during execution. Tips for rebranding include:
- Keep it simple. Simplifying your brand’s look will likely get you further than complicating it. Keep designs straightforward, and eliminate written words where possible.
- Know why you’re doing it. Remember, a brand redesign demands intent. Know the why behind the reason you want to rebrand, as this will give you direction.
- Do your homework. Make sure to research what’s trending, what works with consumers and what doesn’t, what your competitors are doing, and more. The more homework you do, the better your rebrand will be.
- Hire a pro. Finally, don’t forget to hire a professional! Attempting to rebrand on your own can be messy – a professional will streamline the process and provide expert insight.
Ready to Rebrand? Our Digital Marketing Company Can Help
Rebranding can be exciting for businesses, but it’s not the only way to spruce things up. If you’re thinking about changing the look of things, NUVEW can help. From totally rebranding to just redesigning your website, our digital marketing company will take a personalized approach to serving you. Reach out to our team online or by phone today to learn more and get started.