As your business moves into the new year, it may be time to update your website. Indeed, while adding new content to a website on a regular basis is always a good idea, if your website is especially dated, the new year is the perfect time for an upgrade. Not only should you treat yourself to a new website for the new year, but you should also treat yourself to working with an expert digital marketing company that can help you make a big impression.
Reasons to Update Your Website
There are a handful of reasons why updating your website is an important thing to do, at least once a year (but more frequently is ideal). Some of the top reasons to update include:
- Make sure that content is relevant;
- Adjust content goals to your target audience (which may change with the addition of new products and services, or rebranding);
- Improve load time and usability;
- Ensure that your website is secure with up-to-date logins and passwords; and
- Be more effective – stagnant content isn’t likely to have a big impact.
How to Update Your Website
If you’re taking a DIY approach to updating your website, we recommend starting with the content. This is one of the easiest parts of your website to bring up to date. We recommend updating your static pages and posting some new, relevant blogs.
Other easy DIY updates for your website include:
- Updating and replacing graphics and images;
- Going through content to ensure everything is working (e.g., removing/replacing broken links);
- Updating keywords; and
- Checking out what your competitors are doing and then filing suit.
If you’re going to splurge and work with a website design and digital marketing company, such as NUVEW, then our company will help you to determine where updates may need to be made. Depending upon the age and effectiveness of your website, a whole new website may be your best bet! With NUVEW, you can benefit from website design and development services that are customized to you.
Reach Out to NUVEW Today
If you’ve been wondering what steps you can take to improve the effectiveness of your website and attract more customers, the answer may be that you need to totally revamp. A new website for the new year is something that can help your business grow, especially when you turn to the pros for help.
At NUVEW, we offer SEO, digital marketing, website design, website development, content marketing, PPC, and a range of other online marketing services. To learn more about how we can help you, reach out to our team directly today online or by phone.