Have you ever tried to access a website on the go on your smartphone or tablet and ended up with tiny little text that you can barely read? Or, maybe the site won’t load properly and you can only see half of the page. That’s one of the most annoying things that can happen when you search the web. The reason that happens is because you’ve landed on a site that is not responsive. In other words, it is not mobile-friendly because it doesn’t automatically adjust to whatever screen size you are accessing it from. Not only is it annoying, but now it could also be costly for the site owner in the search engine rankings.
Important Mobile-Friendly Strategies
That’s because Google is now penalizing websites for not being responsive when they are accessed on a mobile device. The bottom line is you have to have a responsive website. So what can you do to make sure that your site is mobile-friendly? These are some of the strategies, but not all, to keep in mind when you’re looking to design a mobile-friendly site.
- Don’t make two separate sites – it’s not a good idea to make a separate mobile site in addition to your desktop site. Instead, it’s important to design one site with the same content for all users.
- Be Responsive – as just mentioned, make sure your design is responsive. It needs to format to whatever size device users are on.
- Images Matter – as with any site, images on a mobile site are important. Make sure the images you choose have a high resolution in order to look good on the many powerful mobile screens now available.
- Buttons and Fonts are important – you also need to use buttons that are easy to see and touch. The fonts you choose should also be large enough to read.
- Videos always help – people love media, and they consume a lot of media on their mobile devices, which means relevant and interesting videos are important for any mobile-friendly site.
NUVEW Will Help You Get Mobile-Friendly
These are just a few of the effective methods for creating a mobile friendly website. At NUVEW we know the importance of having a responsive and mobile-friendly website. If you’re Web design needs a makeover, we can help you create a new design that will keep your mobile users engaged and help you score well with the search engines. Please contact NUVEW today to learn how you can be mobile-friendly. Call us at 219-323-3343, or click here.