Is Facebook still relevant to Internet marketing? The answer is yes, but as with everything online, the reasons why are always changing. Facebook plays a huge role in the lives of millions of people. It’s also a powerful force behind marketing online. Over the past 2-3 years alone Facebook has continued to play a larger role in how companies and individuals market their goods and services. This year will be no different.
Changes Are Coming
So what can we expect from Facebook this year as it pertains to Internet marketing? In reality, it’s impossible to predict exactly how Facebook and other social media players will affect online marketing. The Internet, and all it entails, is constantly changing and new technologies and ideas are created and shared every day. However, based on recent trends there are some safe predictions regarding Facebook and how it will influence Internet Marketing in 2015.
What to Expect
Here are some of the changes to expect from Facebook this year:
- Call-To-Action Clicks – Business pages can now include seven individual buttons that act as call-to-action buttons, which can help lead Facebook followers to specific locations on their sites. The seven buttons include: Contact Us, Play Game, Book Now, Use App, Watch Video, Sign Up and Shop Now.
- Search Optimization – Facebook has added an archive search option so people can finds older posts that were previously shared. That means people can access items that they missed out on or want to see again. This helps businesses because they can take advantage of offering more available content.
- Trending Conversations – Keeping up with the latest trends is important for any business and this new tool from Facebook will allow businesses to create engaging and relevant posts that coincide with the latest trends and updates.
- Smart Publishing – Because of Facebook’s smart publishing tool, businesses can now search for and share ideas that are currently trending and which are the most relevant to their target audience. Anyone who likes your business page will be able to see these posts. While not widely available at this point, it will become available to more businesses over the coming months.
- End Date for Old Posts – no one wants to waste their time with old information that is no longer relevant. With this new tool businesses can specify when certain posts are outdated so that they will no longer show. The page admin simply has to enter a date time for the post to stop showing.
Be Prepared for the Changes
Internet marketing is constantly changing and for many businesses it’s difficult to keep up with those changes. With so many other things to worry about and focus on, many companies, especially smaller ones, have little or no time to focus on their online marketing, including using Facebook as a marketing tool. That’s where NUVEW can help. We understand Facebook trends and how social media formats play a key role in your business. If you need help with your Facebook and online marketing presence, then contact us at 219-227-8558 or click here. We can help.