Local businesses allow cities to thrive, and in turn, they receive support from clients in their surrounding communities. However, this doesn’t mean that doing well in your location is simple, especially when you have big competition in your organic search traffic. There are several local SEO strategies that businesses can use to distinguish themselves in their city, and we explore them below. Discuss your digital marketing goals with our experts at NUVEW Web Solutions.
What Are the Differences Between the Local SEO and Organic SEO Algorithms?
Similar to how organic SEO determines what websites rank at the top of search results, local SEO influences which businesses receive high rankings in local search results. There are three main factors impacting how well your website ranks according to the local SEO algorithm:
- Relevance. Relevance, which is the main factor of the algorithm, is straightforward: your business needs to be relevant to a search in order to appear. A hair salon won’t appear in the search results for someone looking for a dentist’s office. Google favors a website with content that aligns with its Google Business profile. If everything matches, you will appear in every relevant search.
- Prominence. Ideally, you want your website to be the very first local search result. In order to assert dominance in your local positioning, you need to generate client reviews, build citations and add more backlinks. By laying the basic groundwork, you will reap major benefits.
- Proximity. You do not have as much control over this factor as the previous two. The distance between your business and a person searching for your services directly impacts your rankings in local search results. Local SEO is special because it depends on a local audience that will visit your storefront or call for immediate assistance. For instance, if you run an HVAC company, your clients likely need your help repairing a furnace or an air conditioner. A quick search brings up local businesses to choose from, and they’ll select the one that’s closest, has the highest reviews, and offers an outstanding experience using their website.
Why Is It Important for Businesses to Prioritize Local SEO?
Small businesses face immense competition. In order to appear in local searches, you must be proactive in establishing your local SEO and ensuring it is better than your competitors. Your website plays the most important role in SEO since it contains metadata, title tags, keywords, and many other attributes that all contribute to your search rankings. However, you must transfer all of that to your local SEO strategy, which includes optimizing your Google Business profile and creating links to your site.
Two basic local SEO practices that your business needs to follow include:
- Create pages for all of your products and services to better your odds of ranking organically and locally.
- Generate quality Google reviews to appeal to the algorithm.
Contact Our SEO Experts For Guidance
NUVEW Web Solutions can help you increase your rankings in local SEO. Contact us today to set up a consultation to discuss your marketing goals.