There are numerous ways to convey information to customers. One creative and visually appealing option is the use of an infographic. Before you throw an infographic up on your website and expect high conversion rates, though, it’s important to understand the best practices for incorporating an infographic into your website. Here are some tips to get you started—
The Advantages of Infographics
Before diving into the how of using infographics, it’s important to review the why. What are the advantages of using infographics?
Infographics can be advantageous for numerous reasons. Data shows that infographics improve things such as:
- data/information retention
- Brand recognition and recall
- Search engine optimization
- Higher user engagement
Infographics also give your business an opportunity to do something more creative than just the standard landing page or blog post, which may be more attractive to your audience.
How to Effectively Use Infographics on Your Website
Now that you know why using infographics is a smart strategy for your business, here are some tips for using infographics effectively:
- Post within a blog or embed on your website. There are two common ways for posting an infographic on your website (although these are not the only two ways for sharing infographic content): First, by embedding the infographic directly on your website, or second, by posting an infographic within a blog. You may choose to do both depending on the purpose of the content and its relevance to surrounding content.
- Prioritize great design. When it comes to infographics, design matters. It’s important to work with a professional design team to create an infographic that incorporates your brand colors, logo, font, etc, and that will resonate with your target audience.
- Create with purpose. While you may be dying to get an infographic on your website for all of the reasons listed above, don’t create and post without purpose. When you create an infographic, it should be for the purpose of conveying information that you really care about your customer knowing, such as how the client process works, how your company came to be, or why a new product is awesome.
- Make your infographic easy to share on social media. After you create an infographic, make sure it’s shareable on social media! This can help to spread the word about your brand.
Get Help with Utilizing Infographics on Your Website Today
Utilizing infographics is a great way to improve SEO and customer engagement. To learn more or to get help creating and sharing an infographic, call our web design and digital marketing team at NUVEW today.