If your business is attempting to improve its digital presence with smart online marketing, you’ve probably heard about the call to action, often referred to as a CTA. The call to action is one of the most important parts of your website content and marketing strategy – if you’re unsure of what a CTA is, how to create one, or why one matters, our digital marketing team at NUVEW can help.
What’s a Call to Action?
As defined by the dictionary, a call to action is a “piece of content intended to induce a viewer, reader, or listener to perform a specific act, typically taking the form of an instructive or directive.” For example, asking your customers to enter their email address, click a link, or “buy now” are all types of calls to action.
Why Is a Call to Action Important?
A call to action is a critical part of your marketing strategy, and every single piece of content that you post on your website should include a CTA. Here’s why:
- Calls to action engage customers in a meaningful way;
- Calls to action serve as the transition point of a user becoming a customer; and
- Calls to action increase conversion rates.
A call to action can be so effective that, in one study, an email with a single call to action increased clicks by 371 percent and increased sales by a whopping 1,617 percent. Knowing how to include a call to action and use a call to action effectively could have a profound effect on your bottom line.
Tips for Creating a Great Call to Action
So, now that you know how important a call to action is, how do you create one that will engage your customers and drive sales? Some tips offered by WordStream include:
- Keep it simple – two- to four-word call to actions can be more effective than drawn out, confusing ones. CTAs like, “Join for free,” and “Get started,” can have a big impact.
- Motivate people by using FOMO–the fear of missing out–to your advantage. People will be more likely to take action if they think that they won’t have another opportunity (i.e. limited time offer).
- Put your CTA on all of your website pages and make it clickable. You need to have your call to action in a place that customers can see, and they need to be able to actually click on the CTA to engage.
Contact NUVEW for Help with All of Your Online Marketing
If you have more questions about calls to action and how to use them effectively in your online marketing efforts, our team at NUVEW can help. We know how to create effective content that gets results, and we are ready to discuss your content needs with you today. Reach us by phone or online to get started.