As a business owner in Indiana, you’re tasked with running your company, which includes continually marketing to new customers. Marketing has changed a lot over the past decade; today, most marketing is done online instead of via TV, billboard, or radio. If you’re a little behind the times and aren’t sure where to start, NUVEW can help. In the meantime, here’s what you should know about writing blogs for your business website–
What Is a Blog and Why Does Keeping a Blog Matter?
A blog refers to a discussion or website that is regularly updated, and that is informal and conversational. Typically, business blogs will include how-to information related to the business, news and updates about the industry, or other discussions that are relevant to customers.
Keeping a blog is important in 2019 because content is king in the world of digital marketing. In fact, over half of marketers report that maintaining a blog is their number-one marketing priority, and 81 percent of online consumers report that they trust information and advice from blogs. If you’re not blogging, chances are that you’re losing customers to the competition.
Tips for Writing a Blog Post
When it comes to doing anything online, especially writing, many business owners feel out of their element and intimidated by the process. If this sounds like you, here are some tips for writing a blog post–
- Know who you’re writing for. The very first thing that you need to do is identify for whom it is you’re writing. Knowing your customer is incredibly important, and will help you to narrow down blog topics. For example, if you’re a plumber, you’re probably writing for customers who don’t know anything about plumbing, not other plumbers. Understanding the distinction will have a significant effect on your content.
- Choose your blog post type. The second thing that you should do when writing a blog post is to identify the type of post you want to write – this will both inspire ideas and help you to stay organized. Some types of blog posts include:
- How-to posts (like this one!)
- List posts (i.e. Five Things that May Be Wrong with Your Toilet);
- Collection posts (Top 10 Tools You Need in Your Toolbox);
- Question-and-answer posts (What Is a Radiator?); and
- News posts (Company XYZ Opens New Location in Indiana).
- Stay true and original. Finally, stay true to your company and yourself, and make sure you keep it original. Why do you want customers to choose your business over others like yours in the area? What do you have to offer that’s unique?
How NUVEW Can Help
At NUVEW, we know that as a business owner, you have a lot on your plate. If writing a blog post or maintaining a website seems like too much, you can count on us for all of your content and digital marketing services, including blogging. Reach out to our team today to learn more.