Ready to Choose Your Keywords?
Your new website is all ready to go. You’ve got the perfect design for your business and your content is the bomb. So now what? Now you need to get people there. That requires the right SEO plan and strategies, including choosing the best keywords to get the most bang for your buck, so to speak. Keywords are a vital part of your SEO efforts. They can help you move up the rankings if you get them right. Essentially, choosing the right keywords allows you to decide which searches you want to rank for.
Know Your Goals
There are so many possible keywords to choose from. Depending on your particular business, there could be hundreds, or even more. However, before you start trying to decide which ones you want to compete for, you need to determine your goals. Of course, you want to make money, but your goals need to be more streamlined than that. For example, ask yourself how quickly you want to see results, what kind of traffic are you looking for and who is your audience? Answer these questions to help determine your goals.
Mix and Match
As mentioned there are all kinds of keywords, including both head and long-tail keywords. Head keywords consist of short, specific phrases, while long-tail keywords are longer phrases with less traffic, but also less competition. It’s a good idea to have at least some of both kinds.
Do Some Research
Once you’ve selected some keywords start doing some searches and see what comes up for those keywords. This will help you understand whom you’re competing with and how tough the battle will be. It will also help you narrow down your list and make adjustments as necessary. In fact, you should look at all the options closely and determine their relevance, their volume and their current rankings, as well. Lastly, pick the top candidates that best match your SEO goals.
Remember, choosing the right keywords is not an “exact” science. It will usually take some trial and error, but over time you will get it right if you follow these tips. Additionally, make sure you watch and track your results carefully so you can make adjustments as needed. At NUVEW we have an in-depth understanding of the keyword process and we help customers nail down the right keywords for their SEO strategies. Please contact us for help with your SEO efforts, including choosing your keywords. Call us at 219-227-8558, or click here to connect with us online.
Top SEO Trends to Watch This Year
Much like the changing seasons, trends come and go. Sometimes they show up out of nowhere and disappear just as quickly. The same can be said for SEO trends. Just when you think you have it down, something changes and it turns your SEO world upside down. So how do you keep up with latest trends affecting this extremely important aspect of your marketing efforts? Well, you start by staying in the know. With that in mind, here are some of the SEO trends that are expected to shape the SEO world in 2018.
Expect Search Improvements – search is getting better, including voice search, using the many personal assistants that exist today. Think Siri, Cortana, and Alexa. In 2018, you should expect image and video search to also improve when it comes to SEO. That means search engines are likely to make changes in how they treat these forms of media in an online search environment.
Voice Search Keeps Growing – back to the topic of voice search, expect this tool to continue to rise with so many smart speakers and assistants on the market. As more and more products connect to the Internet, voice search will have an even greater influence on SEO.
Knowledge Graphs Getting More Important – well-designed graphs featuring important information have continued to gain steam online and that trend is expected to continue. In fact, these data graphs could become even more important in the coming year.
Local Results Will Play a Greater Role – local SEO is already important, but expect location to become even more critical this year. That means, hyperlocal results – determining potential customers based on actual close physical proximity – will likely play a huge role in SEO, especially mobile search, in 2018.
Staying Up to Date With the Latest SEO Trends
It’s not always easy to keep up with everything new that’s going on with SEO. Especially, when you have so many other things on your plate. So don’t sweat it. Leave the SEO game to us. We stay on top of all the latest trends and important tools and strategies. When you work with NUVEW you’ll get expert help with your SEO campaign. Don’t get left behind using old SEO tools and strategies. Be sure you’re on top of your SEO game. Just call us today for help with your SEO at 219-227-8558, or click here to contact us online.
SEO Trends You Should Know About
S-E-O, S-E-O, it’s never going away. Did you catch that little jingle? Sing it to the tune of Jingle Bells. Anyways, the point is, much like that beloved Christmas song, SEO is here to stay. It’s an integral part of online marketing and although it is always evolving, it’s not going away. In fact, new trends are emerging constantly when it comes to SEO and these trends play a huge role in how effective companies’ SEO strategies really are. So, if you’re not up to date with the latest trends, then chances are you’re missing out on something. And what you don’t know CAN hurt you.
Stay Up to Date With These Trends
So let’s take a look at some of the latest SEO trends that will undoubtedly affect your digital marketing going forward.
- Search is always changing – people used to search the Internet by typing their search term on a keyboard on a desktop computer. That was the only option. That is no longer the case. Now, people use many different methods and forms of search and the number of formats will continue to increase.
- New formats = new possibilities – because there are all kinds of ways to search the Internet, including an increasing number of personal assistants, voice searches, etc. While the methods of search will likely continue to grow not all of them will bring added dollars. However, they can increase your opportunities to be found and to build your brand and standing in the marketplace.
- Search strategies matter – having a winning search strategy is vital to your rankings and in turn your traffic, but marketers must understand that their long-term content strategy plays an important role. SEO is not a one-shot deal. You have to use your content marketing and SEO to build your brand over time and eventually boost your business.
- Paid search is still viable – the biggest competition SEO faces is paid advertising. Although paid advertising works, the real advantage lies in using SEO to boost your long-term strategy. It’s likely that more ad dollars will move toward SEO, but paid search is still relevant.
- Content marketing is alive and well – Google is now showing as much content as possible on SERPs, which means marketers must ensure the content they display is relevant and valuable to searchers. That’s why content marketing is, and will continue to be, so important.
NUVEW Has You Covered
When you need the right SEO strategy for your business, NUVEW has you covered. We stay up to date on the latest trends and we know SEO and how it affects your content marketing. Don’t get stuck doing something that no longer works. Make sure you stay on top of the latest online marketing trends that will keep your business right where you want it. Please contact NUVEW today for help with your SEO and content marketing. Call us at 219-227-8558, or click here to reach us online.