Keywords, keywords, and more keywords: what’s the big deal about keywords? You’ve heard the term, but do you really know what keywords are, or what they do, or why they’re so important? Keywords are the relevant terms or phrases that people use to search for products and information online. These simple phrases play a key role in how often your website is found in a given search. If the content on your site is optimized for the particular keywords for which you want to be found, then the better the likelihood your website will end up higher on the search engine results page.
Keywords Are Key
On the other hand, if you want your website to be found for certain terms but you lack content that includes those terms, or keywords, then chances are you will miss out on many potential visitors to your site. Therefore, the importance of using the proper keywords the right way, can’t be understated. So just how do you choose the right keywords?
Choosing the Right Keywords
While there is no one right answer to this question, there are, however, several steps you can take that can help you choose the right keywords for your website. Let’s take a look at a few of them:
- Brainstorm – one of the best things you can do is take the time to write down the relevant keywords or search terms that are pertinent to your customers. It’s ok to write down as many ideas as you have, because the more terms you can utilize the wider your reach.
- Check current marketing material – take a close look at all of your current marketing content and look for commonly used terms. You can also check your competitors’ web pages for good ideas.
- Duplication and repetition – you can increase the amount of your keywords by using similar variations or synonyms of the same words.
- Cut out the clutter – make sure you remove any exact duplicates and any keywords that aren’t really relevant to your business or marketing efforts.
- Competition – because many businesses try to target the same keywords, you should try to choose keywords that are less competitive. In other words, choose keywords that are still relevant to your customers but that are not searched as much as some of the most common ones.
The bottom line is that keywords are extremely important when it comes to search engine optimization and online marketing. You have to make sure you choose the right keywords for your target audience or your potential customers will be finding your competitors’ sites instead of yours. This can be a difficult process in some cases, which is why at NUVEW we can help. If you need assistance with your web marketing, including choosing the right keywords, then call us today at 219-227-8558, or click here to contact us online.