Local Search Engine Optimization (Local SEO)
Ready to Choose Your Keywords?
Your new website is all ready to go. You’ve got the perfect design for your business and your content is the bomb. So now what? Now you need to get people there. That requires the right SEO plan and strategies, including choosing the best keywords to get the most bang for your buck, so to speak. Keywords are a vital part of your SEO efforts. They can help you move up the rankings if you get them right. Essentially, choosing the right keywords allows you to decide which searches you want to rank for.
Know Your Goals
There are so many possible keywords to choose from. Depending on your particular business, there could be hundreds, or even more. However, before you start trying to decide which ones you want to compete for, you need to determine your goals. Of course, you want to make money, but your goals need to be more streamlined than that. For example, ask yourself how quickly you want to see results, what kind of traffic are you looking for and who is your audience? Answer these questions to help determine your goals.
Mix and Match
As mentioned there are all kinds of keywords, including both head and long-tail keywords. Head keywords consist of short, specific phrases, while long-tail keywords are longer phrases with less traffic, but also less competition. It’s a good idea to have at least some of both kinds.
Do Some Research
Once you’ve selected some keywords start doing some searches and see what comes up for those keywords. This will help you understand whom you’re competing with and how tough the battle will be. It will also help you narrow down your list and make adjustments as necessary. In fact, you should look at all the options closely and determine their relevance, their volume and their current rankings, as well. Lastly, pick the top candidates that best match your SEO goals.
Remember, choosing the right keywords is not an “exact” science. It will usually take some trial and error, but over time you will get it right if you follow these tips. Additionally, make sure you watch and track your results carefully so you can make adjustments as needed. At NUVEW we have an in-depth understanding of the keyword process and we help customers nail down the right keywords for their SEO strategies. Please contact us for help with your SEO efforts, including choosing your keywords. Call us at 219-227-8558, or click here to connect with us online.
Grading Your SEO
If you own a website and you’ve started an SEO campaign then you’re probably like most other website owners, always checking to see how you’re doing in the search engine rankings. It’s pretty simple. You Google certain keywords you’re battling for and hope that your site shows up at the top, or at least near the top of the search engine results page. Whenever you see your site popup on that first page, you get that warm-fuzzy feeling that all is right in your SEO world. But what if we told you it’s actually not?
A Lot More to Consider
Don’t misunderstand. It’s not that keyword rankings don’t matter and that something is wrong if you rank high in this battle. However, if you’re using these stats as the key measuring stick for your website’s overall success, then you’ve got it all wrong. You see, ranking high in each search phrase doesn’t really tell you that much, because people use search in so many different ways. Furthermore, Google now shows search results much differently than it used to. Results are based on several factors, including location, search history and the device being used to search, as well as other factors. Thus, simply ranking high in terms of keywords is not enough to tell you whether or not your SEO is working.
The Real Measurements to Consider
So, with that in mind, what factors should you be focused on in order to measure your website’s success? Here are a few key things to keep in mind:
- Check your organic growth and if the number of new visitors arriving via organic search is growing monthly and annually that’s a good sign.
- If you’re seeing an increase in new visitors from your target market you are headed in the right direction.
- Keep tabs on the number of contact forms submitted and the amount of unique phone calls you get.
- If you’re doing SEO right you should see more conversions, particularly from visitors who found you through organic search. Conversions matter the most. After all, a million visitors without earning any new customers, doesn’t help your business.
Measuring SEO Success
Measuring the success of your SEO campaign is based on several factors, including keyword rankings. However, there are several other measures that are much better at indicating true success. For example, new leads and conversions are much more important than just high keyword rankings. Organic growth is also a valuable indicator in the effectiveness of your SEO strategy. Please contact NUVEW for more help with your SEO. We’ll create an SEO plan that is focused on organic growth, leads and conversions, and not just keyword rankings. Click here to contact us or give us a call at 219-227-8558.
SEO Trends You Should Know About
S-E-O, S-E-O, it’s never going away. Did you catch that little jingle? Sing it to the tune of Jingle Bells. Anyways, the point is, much like that beloved Christmas song, SEO is here to stay. It’s an integral part of online marketing and although it is always evolving, it’s not going away. In fact, new trends are emerging constantly when it comes to SEO and these trends play a huge role in how effective companies’ SEO strategies really are. So, if you’re not up to date with the latest trends, then chances are you’re missing out on something. And what you don’t know CAN hurt you.
Stay Up to Date With These Trends
So let’s take a look at some of the latest SEO trends that will undoubtedly affect your digital marketing going forward.
- Search is always changing – people used to search the Internet by typing their search term on a keyboard on a desktop computer. That was the only option. That is no longer the case. Now, people use many different methods and forms of search and the number of formats will continue to increase.
- New formats = new possibilities – because there are all kinds of ways to search the Internet, including an increasing number of personal assistants, voice searches, etc. While the methods of search will likely continue to grow not all of them will bring added dollars. However, they can increase your opportunities to be found and to build your brand and standing in the marketplace.
- Search strategies matter – having a winning search strategy is vital to your rankings and in turn your traffic, but marketers must understand that their long-term content strategy plays an important role. SEO is not a one-shot deal. You have to use your content marketing and SEO to build your brand over time and eventually boost your business.
- Paid search is still viable – the biggest competition SEO faces is paid advertising. Although paid advertising works, the real advantage lies in using SEO to boost your long-term strategy. It’s likely that more ad dollars will move toward SEO, but paid search is still relevant.
- Content marketing is alive and well – Google is now showing as much content as possible on SERPs, which means marketers must ensure the content they display is relevant and valuable to searchers. That’s why content marketing is, and will continue to be, so important.
NUVEW Has You Covered
When you need the right SEO strategy for your business, NUVEW has you covered. We stay up to date on the latest trends and we know SEO and how it affects your content marketing. Don’t get stuck doing something that no longer works. Make sure you stay on top of the latest online marketing trends that will keep your business right where you want it. Please contact NUVEW today for help with your SEO and content marketing. Call us at 219-227-8558, or click here to reach us online.